Sunday, September 17, 2017

28mm Aragorn

Finished painting 28mm Aragorn, made out of white metal. He's one cool mini, beautiful
details. I'm really happy with the paint job. The most awesome thing is that I learned lots of new techniques.


His clothes are not 100% movie-friendly (In movie He wears clothes in different shades of 
brown, I thought being creative and added dark red details, just to make him a litte bit more colourful).


One new technique I learned was painting chainmail using metalics thined down with black wash.The end result is better (and cleaner) than doing metalic drybrush over black.

Another new techniqe I used was layering and mixing coulors. It worked surprisingly well.
It was necessary to achieve different browns (I only have one brown in my paint colection-
Vallejo Model 147 Leather Brown).


The sculpting on his face is stunning. I tried out new flesh techniqe and was experimenting with differend mixes and washes. It turned out nicely (I was especially scared not to mess eyeballs).The only downside is that it took me 2 houres to paint flesh on this guy :P .

2 comments: